Monday, December 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

Apparently I've been tagged by StumpyG! Sure, I'll play along! :)

So, here are the rules and then me fulfilling them...

The rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are my random 6 things:

1. I went to college at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, even though I went to high school just 20 miles from an incredible college (UW-Madison). I'm glad I went to St. Cloud State, though... I worked in Residential Life as an RA for a year and then as an Assistant Director of one of the residence halls. I learned a lot about dealing with difficult people and crisis management, which definitely helped prepare me for teaching!




2. I don't/can't/won't eat spicy foods. When I eat something even mildly spicy, I imagine that my reaction is similar to that of a normal person eating a habenero chile. My mouth feels like it's on fire, I begin to sweat, and I grab the closest glass of liquid to me, even if it's not mine. It's such an issue for me, my friends have started asking waitstaff and cooks on my behalf if a dish is going to be spicy or not.



3. I hate the colors yellow and orange. My world is filled with purples (well, duh), blues, greens, browns, greys, and occasionally reds and pinks. But I own very few yellow or orange items, and don't have a single item of clothing in either one of these colors. It's not an active hatred (I don't seek these colors out in an attempt to destroy them), it's just a personal preference that I've noticed!






4. My musical background holds some of my favorite memories of my life. I've played piano since I was 8, sang in choirs since I was 11, and played trumpet and french horn since I was 12. I no longer play the brass instruments, but I have a piano in my classroom, and occasionally I'll come in on the weekends to keep my piano and vocal skills in check. I miss that part of my life, and hope that in the future I can teach piano lessons and/or voice and teach my own children, as well.



5. I was a hard-core volleyball player throughout middle school and high school. I excelled in my earlier years of playing, but when I made the varsity team, I was subjected to two coaches who were verbally abusive and practiced favoritism of the worst kind for adolescent girls. They chastised me for not joining a travelling team in the off-season (my parents couldn't afford it) and made my life miserable during our season, making me give up my jersey for JV players during tournament games, in order to prepare them for their senior year. It was horrible, and my love of volleyball was tainted. I haven't played once since my final game during senior year, and I miss it horribly.


6. I have made some of the most wonderful friends by joining the NorCal Knot in the year of my engagement. In the beginning, we got together to attend bridal shows and work on wedding projects, but now that we're married, we get together regularly to hang out, eat good food, play with the first baby of the group (Baby E!) and support each other in our new lives as married women. Even our husbands get along and enjoy hanging out with each other! I love these girls and I look forward to spending many years together as our families grow.



And now, for the tag-worthy blogs that I shall lead you to:

Stinkerpants Designs
Paper Envy
Pieces of Li
Bellissima Vita
Huckleberry Karen
The Charmeng Blog

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I really enjoy reading your blog. By the way, that volleyball story is so awful! What horrible people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I heart you.

    And I'm wearing orange today. Please don't try to actively destroy me.

    ReplyDelete